How to get a refund from Qantas Airways?
Sometimes at the last minute, because of some circumstances, one has to cancel your trip, and we are wondering how I can get my refund from the airline. But don't worry, if you have to take the refund from Qantas, you have to follow the steps carefully to get the refund from the airline. Qantas airline has several refund policies also. There are several ways to get through the customer care member to get the information about the refund.
Different ways to get a refund from Qantas Airways
There are several ways by which you can raise a request for a refund. You can fill out the refund form from the official website; by calling on customer care to raise a request for a refund, you go through the methods written below.
Through phone call
You can claim your refund by calling on the airline's customer care; you need to go to the official website of Qantas Airways and then go to the contact us section. There you will get the official helpline number of the airline, dial the number and listen to the IVR instructions carefully.
- Press1 to select the language to English.
- Press 2 to make a new booking.
- Press 9 to talk to the customer care executive.
- Press the key and once the calls get connected, provide them your six-digit reference number with your last name and ask them to cancel your ticket and raise a request for a refund. In some time, they will get it done then you will get a confirmation mail and text message on your registered email address and phone number.
Through refund form
Once you have made a cancellation, you have to go to the airline's official website and then log in with your account details and go to the "Manage My Booking" option; there, you will see your ticket. Select the one you cancel, and you will see a refund form option there, fill the form carefully with the correct details and then submit it. Once it is done, then you will get a confirmation mail and text message on your registered email address and phone number.
Through live chat
You can also use the live chat process; for that, you have to go to the official website of the airline and then go to the contact us section there; you will see a chat box icon, click on that, mention your details there and ask to raise a refund request then in some time you will get the revert once it's done.
What is Qantas Airways' refund policy?
The airline has several policies, so the passengers have no confusion regarding the refund.
- If your cancelation is made within 24 hours, you will get a full refund.
- If the cancellation is made after 24 hours of booking, the airline will charge the cancellation fee.
- If you cancel your ticket because of some severe incident like death or any emergency medical issue, you are eligible to request a refund, but it depends on the situation.
- If you cancel your flight because of some natural disaster like an earthquake, landslide, etc., the airline will also compensate.
- If the flight gets delayed up to 4-5 hours and you cancel your reservation, you will also get a refund.
How long do Qantas refunds take?
There is no specific time for the refund, but if you made the payment from your credit card, it would take up to 7-10 business days, and if you made the payment through cash or cheque, it would take up to 15-20 business days to get the refund from Qantas airline.
Will Qantas give refunds?
Yes, the airline provides the refunds but only to customers eligible for the refund; if you bought a nonrefundable ticket, then the airline is not responsible for the refund. But if you meet the requirement of getting a refund, the airline will surely provide you with a refund. Make sure to keep the refund policies in mind.
Why is Qantas taking so long to refund?
When you raise the refund request, the airline needs to verify all the details and modes of payment and other things. These things take time to approve the refund; once the refund is approved, it will be credited to your account in very less time. But before the approval, it takes verifying all the details.
Always keep Qantas airways refund policy before canceling and making a refund request; contact the customer support team for assistance if you face any problems.